ANTI RAGGING CELL – IGGIS 20-21
What is Ragging?
Any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background. RAGGING IS A CRIME…
ADIMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING:
IGCAS consider Ragging as serious issue against the institution morale and code of conduct, shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Cell, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely;
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding the results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment
All concerned are informed that it has been decided to constitute following Institute Level Anti-Ragging Cell, for the Academic Year 2020-21:
1 Institute Level Anti- Ragging Cell:
Prof. C.V Thomas
Prof. Elias N. Paul
Prof. Jacob T.V
Mr. Harikanth S.
Mrs. Soumya T.S.
Mrs. Jills Abraham
Mrs. Shameena K. Muhammed
Mrs. Jyothi C Nair
Mrs. Renju Paul
Mr. Anil Mani
N.SS Programme officer
2 Hostel Level Anti- Ragging Cell:
Mrs. G. Valsalakumari